Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Weigh To Go: The Beginning

I realize that my blog has become very movie focused of late, but it’s summer, so I’m sure you understand.  I promise I have a few things in the works (a rundown of season two of Glee and a retort that is still brewing to a recent comment on a blog post from a year ago).  However, since I’m stuck here listening to a webinar, I’ll give you a little jump start as to why I’m starting this eight week series…
So, yes, it’s true (not that there have been rumors, but my internal voices thought I should mention that): I’ve lost about 20 pounds since the first of the year, but I’ve got about…oh…a lot to go.  Let’s see…in November, I wanted to be back down to summer 2008 weight by May, a goal which wasn’t met.  However, losing 20 pound in eight months isn’t bad, in my opinion.  However, losing another…amount…is going to be harder.  Additionally, not having a gym to frequent until January (the gym at work is closed for building renovation, and gym fees just aren’t in the budget) and the nigh unbearable heat wave of late (110+ heat indexes) has pretty much kept me indoors at all times during the work week. 
So as a jump start, and competition of sorts with familial affiliates, I jumped on this webinar offered through work called Weigh To Go.  Plus, there’s 25,000 points on the Blue Cross Blue Shield system available for doing it – points that will be redeemable for a $25 credit at Amazon.  So, August and September are going to be filled with exercise, healthy meals, cooking, and most likely splurges.  It will probably help that a couple guys at work are doing it, so I can have a little extra motivation.
So this is going to be my life for the next eight weeks.  I plan on being about 15 pounds lighter by then, as indicated is a good plan (2 pounds a week).  So stay glued to your computer screens for progress.  You know you’re clamoring for every infinitesimal aspect of my life…    

No comments:

Post a Comment