Friday, September 2, 2011

Weigh To Go: Week 5 Revelation

So, at the beginning of each month, I go through and pay off my credit card balances.  I have a regular MasterCard and a QT credit card.  Now, I knew the “Dining” to “Groceries” ration was going to be way off for the month of August, but what I didn’t expect to see was the amount spent at QT.
Now we all know that gas prices are astronomical – thanks to the wadded panties of speculators and, no doubt, one B. Hussein Obama.  So seeing that I had spent over $300 on gas last month was not a surprise.  However, seeing that I had spent almost $65 inside, was kind of a jaw-dropper.  I had 14 charges to the card for inside, which means a very unhealthy amount of that was in taquitos.  Now, all summer QT had $0.59 32-ounce drinks, so that was a fiscally responsible motivation – besides that whole “pop is bad for you myth”.  So if you say that I got 14 drinks at $0.59 (plus a ghastly 9.5% sales tax), I probably spent just over $9 on drinks all month.  Not bad.  Then you look at the rest.  That means $56 was spent on taquitos or the like. 
So, as of now, I’m swearing off taquitos, at least until the end of the 10-week course.  More likely until I hit my weight-loss goal.  I have no idea how bad they are, but they’re a drain on my already tight wallet, and unlike the illogical ideas of left-wing politicians, I can’t spend more to get out of debt. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That's more than we (as a family) eat out in a month usually. And that's just your taquito stop. Bad.

    ReplyDelete