Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Weigh To Go: Week 5 Recap, Week 6 Plan

Well, since the regular dietician is apparently still on vacay, we have a fill-in today, and let me tell you, she is just exciting.  Sarcasm? *Cue “Big Bang Theory” interlude*
Leonard: “…Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?”
Sheldon (intrigued): “You have a sarcasm sign?”
So, while she drones on about buying fresh fruits and veggies in her beaming monotone voice, let’s recap.  As I’m sure you’re well aware, I had a bit of an epiphany last week, so we won’t be reviewing that little matter.  However, I did cave a couple times last week.  There was Taco Bell Tuesday, of course, but that won’t be happening for the next two weeks since my enabler, Laura, is out of town.  However, there was an additional quest to the amazing place that serves delicacies inspired by cuisine south of the border Wednesday night after a near epic stretch of overtime.  Since I didn’t get a chance to cook Wednesday night as I had planned, there was also a cave to eating out the rest of the week, since work consumed my life.  Now, I didn’t do awful at lunch.  Both Thursday and Friday I got salads from Price Chopper – granted, they were the large salads, with a little pasta salad and crab salad on the side, but I had fat-free dressings both days.  Yes, I will do just about anything to justify my actions.  As for eating out in the evenings, there was Max’s (a gyro, [amazing] tots, and Coke zero) Wednesday night, pizza from Waldo Pizza (three slices of meat-lovers, two supreme, and a cold slice of pepperoni later plus some Dr. Pepper) Thursday night, and then a nigh ultimate cave of a foot-long The Experience (chicken, pepperoni, bacon, cream cheese, and jalapenos) from Planet Sub Friday night.  So, yes, last week could have been much better on the eating front.  The weekend wasn’t too bad.  There was one trip to the aforementioned locale Saturday evening, but everything else over the weekend was home-cooked goodies (though in larger quantities). 
On the exercise front, I didn’t do too badly.  I walked almost every day at lunch like I wanted to.  I didn’t do the full 10 minutes Thursday and Friday since it was quite hot (like 97 degrees).  Additionally, if I got the chance to watch a Netflix flick, I walked the return envelope to the mailbox instead of driving (save one occurrence).  I was swamped at work Thursday, so I didn’t get a chance to walk to Bible Study, like I like doing (“like I like”, wow…I sound like a Valley Girl).  Even though I didn’t do so hot on the exercise front during the week, I made up for it in physical labor over the weekend.  There was plenty of fence building (mostly panel moving), some utility trenching, a bit of cattle wrangling, and some concrete bunk and block moving (which showed just how out of shape I am). 
The very interesting fill-in dietician has spent the last 20 minutes going over making good breakfast and lunch choices.  Blah, blah, blah.  Now she’s moved on to sacrilegious territory: meatless meals.  She suggests Tofu or Boca burgers.  I should stage a listen-out.  “Eating meatless meals are healthy and definitely something to try.”  I have officially lost interest in this chick.  Maybe the other, less monotone dietician was smart to skip this episode. 
The plan for this week – besides eating meat with every meal – is to stick to the leftovers, not eat out, and walk.  The weather has really broken (it got down in the upper 40s last night!), so I need to get out and walking.  I need a motivator.  Maybe, no Netflix until I’ve had a 30-minute (or more) walk?  Sound good?  We’ll try that strategy.  I’m still sticking to the McDonalds and QT taquito shunning (and I think I’ll shun until I hit my weight goal, instead of just for the program).  I also need to find a healthier snacking alternative for when I’m driving home to the farm – i.e. I need to find a replacement for said taquitos.

1 comment:

  1. I love how your "Taco Bell Tuesdays" didn't happen because Laura was out of town.... Not because you didn't have to drive down here because *I* was out of town!
    Idea: Only eat out when you have cash. That's what I do. Therefore we never eat out. (Unless my sugar daddy is with us.)

    ReplyDelete