Tuesday, November 6, 2012

2012 Election - Final Prediction

Well, the day is here.  The day I’ve waited for for four (yes, I realize that sounds funny).  Unfortunately, it’s with a heavy heart that I post the following prediction.
I don’t want this to be the reality, but I fear it will be.  I pray that I’m wrong.  I don’t think I’ve ever wished more that I will be wrong, but my gut says this scenario will likely play out.  (Again, thanks to Real Clear Politics for the create-your own map.)
Firstly, though I predict Obama will squeak by a win with the electoral college; it’s almost a certainty that he doesn’t achieve 50% of the vote.  Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t even win the popular vote.  If I had to make a prediction, I’d say that Romney ends up with 48.6%, and President Obama gets 48.5%.  It’ll be that close.  (Though, the fact that I’m breaking this down into decimals shows just how unaware the voting populous is.  This should be a Romney landslide – not because he’s Romney, but because he’s not Obama.)
Second, the reason I predict the map above is due to many reasons.  I took a look at the state by state polls last go-around, and they weren’t very encouraging.  Yes, the enthusiasm is in favor of the Republicans this go-around, but I just see major problems arising for the Romney-Ryan campaign in Ohio and Wisconsin – and they have to pull one of those states to win.  Organized labor (read: unions) are a well-organized, unofficial arm of the Democrat party, and if they can’t outright win the election for their candidate, I see them stealing it for him.  Sure, Wisconsin showed promise with the recall election of Governor Scott Walker, but I don’t see that as enough force behind Romney; despite Wisconsin being Paul Ryan’s home state.  I’ll call both states for Obama, at 49/48. 
I really thought Romney had a chance at this.  That first debate was a knock-out, and he made it through the other two just fine.  Momentum was in his favor.  However, with that blasted storm, Sandy, and the treasonous cover-up by the media over the Benghazi atrocity, Obama stopped the bleeding.  Sure, he looked “presidential” during the storm, but he’s made a mockery of the office in his first term, and an 11th hour blitz to repair that image somehow worked. 
Regardless, if President Obama is reelected, as I predict, he’ll lack the mandate to lead effectively – not that what he’s been doing the last four years can be classified as “leading”.  If Hillary steps down as Secretary of State, Senator John “F-ing” Kerry is likely to be nominated.  Just sit back and imagine that for a moment.  If you thought Obama’s first term was an assault on the Constitution, our liberties, your wallet, and the American way of life; just wait until the next four years.  With the Senate likely to remain under Democrat control and the House under Republicans’, the gridlock will be perpetuated.  Obama will go on an executive order spree to get his far left agenda passed, since he knows he’ll have no chance of getting it through Congress.  The debt will explode – as if $16 trillion weren’t enough.  Oil prices will skyrocket.   Tomorrow morning, if the newspaper headlines read “Obama wins reelection”, the stock market will tank.  If you’re unemployed, finding a job will get harder.  Oh, and your taxes will go up.  I’m not typically a doomsdayer – I leave that to Glen Beck – but I truly believe that reelecting President Obama will be detrimental to this nation.  Can we survive four more years of him?  Yes, but it won’t be pretty, and it will be an even bigger hole that we need to crawl out of.  Oh, and just imagine if some idiot decided to [for fear of Janet Napolitano, I’ll refrain from using a particular word, and just say “elevate Joe Biden to the presidency].  Can you imagine that?  I’m no fan of Obama, but I’d rather have him than Joe Biden. 
I’m done rambling.  This is the way I see it happening.  Tell me I’m wrong.  Tell me it will break big for Romney.  Tell me I can go to bed tonight with closure and a smile on my face. 
I pray that I’m wrong, but I don’t think I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment