Thursday, April 14, 2011

Reaction to Obama's Debt Speech

I’ll be honest.  The prospect of watching or listening to President Obama’s debt speech yesterday seemed daunting.  So I decided that I would read it instead.  I couldn’t finish it.  When he starts out the speech by stating that he “kept the government open was so [he] could be [with the students at George Washington University]”, I was automatically put in a bad mood.

I really want to go through his speech line by line – something he said he’d like to do with the budget, but that will never happen – and tear it apart, but it looks like an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal did it for me. 

Also, Congressman Paul Ryan’s comments after Obama’s speech are dead-on.  Notice how he doesn’t have a teleprompter…


Our nation is at a crossroads.  We can either keep the failed policies of liberal blowhards like Obama, or we can actually try to pull ourselves out of the fiscal cesspool that we’re in by looking into common-sense solutions to our debt – like Mr. Ryan’s. 

Now is not the time for fear-mongering, campaign rhetoric, and making unsubstantiated claims about your alleged political record, Mr. President.  It’s time to face the music.  We’re broke, and you’re doing nothing to help.  That is, unless you count cutting military spending, which, I’m pretty sure, is not in America’s best interest.  I really don’t think you have any clue what you’re talking about, and watching or listening to you wax philosophical has gone from annoying to downright enraging.  Actions speak louder than words, Mr. President.  And Lord knows you’ve had a lot of words.  Now is the time for action – action that will leave the next generation debt-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment